A great winter warmer, gut-loving, easy and quick to make. Super satiating too.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 large organic sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 3 organic carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups stock -vegetable (best to make your own fresh before if you have time)
- 1 tsp. mixed spice
- 1 tsp. ginger, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Sprinkle of fresh chopped fresh basil leaves if wish
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a pot, heat the coconut oil on medium heat and add the onion. Stir for 5 minutes until softened, don’t burn them.
- Add the mixed spice, ginger and garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped sweet potato and carrot and stir in. Season with some cracked pepper.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Once boiling, turn down to a simmer and cook for 20-25 mins until softened.
- Blend in a blender.
- If soup is too thick for your taste add a little more water.
- Taste at this stage, season with S & P if required
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh basil