I had a craving for crepes the other day with jam – Not wanting to buy any of the sugar laden jams on the market I decided to make my own.
This is perfect for anyone especially for kids!
Instead on thickening the jam with gelatine I used Agar Agar Powder which is obtained from red algae – so great for everyone including vegans!
I also added some Superfruit Baobab which is loaded with Vitamin C and has good levels of potassium, calcium, magnesium and B vitamins – A great Immune System Balancer.
Keto / Paleo / Vegan / Low Carb / Sugar-free / Gluten-free / Dairy-free
- 8 ounces frozen Organic Strawberries – 220g (you can use fresh)
- 1/4 cup Erythritol
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ packet – 1/2tsp Agar Agar
- 1tbsp Baobab
- Sprinkle the agar agar over the lemon juice to set
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine the strawberries, erythritol and water. Stir to combine.
- Bring the strawberries up to a simmer then turn the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the lemon and agar into the strawberries to melt, plus the baobab.
- Turn off the heat. Let cool.
- Spoon the strawberry jelly into a clean jar, cover and refrigerate.
Use within 2-3 weeks. Can be frozen and thawed in the refrigerator before using.