These are super delicious and perfect for pregnant mamma’s-to-be during their 1st Trimester to help cope with the nausea!
Or great to enjoy for anyone who wants a healthy cracker to enjoy with dips, chilli etc.
Keto / Paleo / Sugar-free / Low Carb / Yeast-free
- 8tbsp salted butter softened (not melted)
- 2egg whites
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and flour using an electric hand mixer on low-medium speed.
- Add the egg whites and a pinch of salt. Continue mixing on low speed, until the mixture is uniform and forms a smooth dough.
- Roll the dough between two pieces of parchment paper until it reaches 1/8 inch in thickness. Peel away the top layer of parchment paper and transfer the bottom layer, with the rolled out dough onto a baking sheet. Depending upon the size of your baking sheet, you may need to work in batches.
- Using a small knife or a pizza cutter to score the dough into approximately 1 1/2 inch squares. Sprinkle the dough with salt.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crackers have turned a light brown.
- Then carefully remove from oven and allow to cool before gently breaking them apart along the scores.
- Enjoy immediately or transfer to a lidded container and store at room temp for up to a week. (Storing in the refrigerator will prolong the life, but it can also cause the crackers to lose some of their crunch.)