Every woman wants to feel and look as beautiful as they can and they are willing to spend a lot of money on it.
The UK beauty industry is worth over £17 million alone and employs over one million workers worldwide.
They say on average a woman spends at least £100,000.00 per year on cosmetics.
When we note that our skin is our body’s largest organ absorbing up to 60% of what we put on it which then enters into our blood stream, lymphatic system etc surely we want to only use beauty products that are non-toxic?
Children’s’ bodies absorb 40-50% more than adults so toxics on their skin will cause higher risk of diseases later in life.
Unfortunately this is not the case
Companies like Proctor and Gamble ($76.27 billion revenue 2015) / Johnson& Johnson ($70.07 billion revenue in 2015) / L’Oreal ($25.257 billion revenue in 2015)/ Estee Lauder ($11 million revenue nearly in 2014) / Unilever Euros 53,300,000,000 revenue in 20150 / LVMH / Shiseido / Revlon are marking billions each year marketing and selling to us products that contain endless chemicals which many consider to be toxic carcinogenics and must be avoided …..they are making a fortune killing us.
In one day we can be exposing our bodies to about 515 dangerous chemicals all in the name of Beauty.
But really this beauty is the Beast with these products resulting in serious health issues in people who’s immune and nervous systems are already compromised.
Beastly symptoms include:
So what are the Top 8 Beauty Beast ingredients to look out for:
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) Used in 90% of personal care products that foam as well as car washes, garage floor cleaners and engine degreasers. Causes – Eye damage / depression / labored breathing / diarrhea / skin irritation / death
- Benzoyl Peroxide Used in acne products. Causes: increase risk of tumor / DNA damage / irritation
- PEG (Polyethylene Glycol) Used in everything including personal care, baby care and sunscreens Causes: Cancer / reduced immunity / miscarriages / birth deformity
- Parabens Used as preservatives, in deodorants etc Causes: breast tumors / hormonal imbalances / acne
- Mineral Oil Used in many lotions, creams, makeup and baby care Causes: being a by product of gasoline distillation from crude oil the list is endless
- Phthalates – DEP / DEHP / BBP / DBP / DMP Used in numerous beauty products as well as wood finishers, lubricants etc. Causes: damage to liver, heart, kidney and lungs / decrease sperm count /
- Triclosan Used originally as a pesticide now in soaps, deodorants, toothpastes and lotions Causes: damage to liver, kidney and lungs as it accumulates in the body tissues
- DEA (diethanolamine), MEA (monoethanolamine), TEA (triethanolamine) Used as another foam booster Causes: stomach, esophagus, liver and bladder cancers as it is easily absorbed through the skin / dermatitis
There are of course many more but LOOK at the labels of what you are buying and think twice before you purchase beastly products.